“It was my first time in, they did a great job! I asked them for an opinion on a new cut and we went with it. It turned out great and they did an amazing job. Not only will I go back but I would recommend this place to anyone looking for more than just a normal haircut experience.”
– Bobby W.
Want to Own Your Own Shop?
Contact us today to learn more about franchising.
The Fatherless Generation
The Real Elephant In Room – America’s Youth Needs Our Help
At the Elephant In the Room, we believe that one of the biggest problems in every city is break-down of the family and the effect it has on young men. To show our support and to help make a difference, with each service that is sold at our Lounge we proudly make a donation to a local charity that helps support and mentor fatherless boys.
How Big Is the Elephant In the Room?
- 43% of US children live without their father (US Department of Census)
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census)
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes (US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)
- 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes (Center for Disease Control)
- 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (National Principals Association Report)
- 70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
- 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)
- 71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father. [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services press release, Friday, March 26, 1999]
Father Factor in Education
Fatherless children are twice as likely to drop out of school.
- Children with Fathers who are involved are 40% less likely to repeat a grade in school.
- Children with Fathers who are involved are 70% less likely to drop out of school.
- Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to get A’s in school.
- Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to enjoy school and engage in extracurricular activities.
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.